[hfcm id="1"] [hfcm id="3"] " /> Visa & Passport Information - Amman2Jerusalem | Tours and Transfers - Jerusalem, Jordan and The Holy Land

Visas & Passport Issues

Many nationalities are eligible to get a visa for Jordan upon arrival at their point of entry to the country (except at King Hussein/ Allenby Bridge!). The Jordan Tourism Board has created a comprehensive list of the visa requirements for different countries.


Single Entry Visa (valid 1 month): 40 JOD (approx $56).
Double Entry Visa (valid 3 months): 60 JOD (approx $85).
Multiple Entry Visa (valid 6 months): 120 JOD (approx $170).

Jordan Pass

You can also purchase a Jordan Pass – “the ultimate sightseeing package that has been especially tailor-made for visitors to the country.”

You buy the Jordan Pass online, before entering the country. It costs 70-90 JOD (approx $99-113), and includes the entrance tickets to over 40 sights and, if you stay a minimum of 3 nights in Jordan, also your visa. Find out more!

King Hussein / Allenby Bridge

You are NOT able to get a visa to Jordan at King Hussein/ Allenby Bridge!


You can enter Jordan only, if you obtain your visa beforehand (e.g. at the Jordanian Embassy in your home country or in Tel Aviv, at the Jordanian Representative Office in Ramallah, or through purchasing a Jordan Pass), or if you meet either of the following conditions:


Existing Visa to Jordan

Besides obtaining a visa beforehand at an Jordanian Embassy or Representative Office, you also allowed to enter Jordan at King Hussein/ Allenby Bridge if you have already crossed via the same bridge from Jordan to Jerusalem, assuming the visa hasn’t expired yet.
Example: If you arrived to Jordan at the airport on June 1 and got a one month visa, then your visa is valid till July 1. If you cross at King Hussein/ Allenby Bridge from Jordan to Jerusalem, then you can return to Jordan via King Hussein/ Allenby Bridge on the same visa any time till July 1. After July 1 you cannot enter Jordan at King Hussein/ Allenby Bridge as your visa has expired.


Group Visa

If you are a group and book a tour to Jordan with us, we can apply for group entry permit on your behalf.
To do this, you must meet all the following conditions:

1. You book a tour to Jordan with us.
2. Your group consist of at least 5 people.
3. You spend at least 2 overnights in Jordan.
4. You arrive and depart together as a group.
5. You send us all your passport details in advance (we will send you what exactly we need).
6. You give us 5 days notice for Europeans, Americans and Canadians; and 14 days notice for other nationalities.


If you arrive at King Hussein/ Allenby Bridge from Israel or Palestine and do not have visa already or meet one of the above 2 conditions, you will be turned back by the Jordanians and refused entry to Jordan. The alternative then is to travel approximately 1h north to enter Jordan at Sheikh Hussein/ Jordan River Crossing, or return to Ramallah or Tel Aviv and obtain a visa at the Jordanian Representative Office or Embassy.


Also note: Entry to Jordan at King Hussein/ Allenby Bridge is not allowed for Israeli citizens. Even if you arrive at the bridge with a non-Israeli passport, the Jordanian officials may send you back if they realize that you also have Israeli citizenship. The Sheikh Hussein/ Jordan River and Wadi Araba/ Yitzhak Rabin Border Crossings are the points of entry to Jordan for Israeli passport holders.

Wadi Araba / Yitzhak Rabin Crossing

If travelers enter and leave through this border crossing, and if they stay more than 3 nights (i.e. 4 nights and more) Visa fess and Exit Taxes are waived.


If travelers stay less than 4 nights (0-3 nights), they still have to pay the usual 40JD for Visa, and 10JD for Exit Taxes (the Jordan Pass might be an attractive option then).

The Israeli state authorities control all entries to and exits from Israel / Palestine. Citizens of most western countries can get a visa upon arrival at Ben Gurion Airport, Eilat Airport, King Hussein/ Allenby Bridge, Sheikh Hussein/ Jordan River Crossing or Wadi Araba/ Yitzhak Rabin Crossing. If you need to apply for a visa in advance then you must do so at an Israeli Embassy, usually the one in your home country. You can find out whether you are eligible to a visa upon arrival or need to apply beforehand here.


This visa is usually valid for 3-months.


Please note: Israel sometimes has a policy of giving visas to Palestinian Authority areas only. If you get one of these visas, you are not allowed to visit Jerusalem or Israel. If you want to avoid that, make sure that you state you want to visit Israel and Jerusalem if asked where you plan to visit when obtaining your visa.


Please note: On some occasions, Israel has refused entry to travelers of Arab ethnicity or Muslim religion, or those deemed to be activists supporting Palestinian causes. If you fall in these groups, it is also likely that you will experience a delay at the border and face extensive questioning.

Having an Israeli stamp in your passport can be problematic if you want to travel to countries, whose diplomatic relations with Israel aren’t … let’s say … the best. Vice versa, entering Israel with stamps from e.g. Iran, Pakistan, and most Arab countries, can cause problems as well. Below, we have put together some information that might be helpful navigating these issues.

Will the Israeli Authorities stamp my passport?

The current policy in Israel is to not stamp passports for touristic visas. Instead, travelers are issued with a personalized printed card (see picture). You should make sure to keep this card with you throughout the duration of your stay in Israel.

Will the Jordanian Authorities stamp my passport?

When entering or exiting Jordan, your passport will normally get stamped. The only exception to this is King Hussein Bridge, where your exit stamp will automatically be on an extra piece of paper. If you don’t want any stamps from Jordan in your passport, you can also ask the authorities at the other border crossings to stamp a piece of paper. This should usually not be a problem, but you also might be unlucky and catch someone who isn’t familiar with that practice and will therefore insist on stamping your passport.

Missing Exit Stamp from Jordan

If you arrive to Jordan at the airport, you will usually receive an entry stamp to Jordan. If you then cross into Israel, and don’t return to Jordan, you won’t have an exit stamp from Jordan. This in turn often raises the question how you left Jordan, and mostly leads to the assumption that you must have visited Israel.
If traveling in Jordan and then leaving the country towards Israel without returning is you plan, you need to tell the airport staff upon your arrival to Jordan that you want your visa on a bit of paper, since you will be leaving via Israel. This doesn’t happen often, so we can’t promise the immigration staff at Amman Airport will comply with this, but you can always ask.

Can I enter Israel with stamps from e.g. Iran?

Entering Israel with visas or stamps from e.g. Iran and Pakistan, as well as most Arab countries, can cause inconveniences such as extensive questioning. However, in the last years there were hardly any cases in which people were actually refused entry out of this reason.



Even though we try to keep everything up to date, border regulations sometimes change rather quickly, or deviate for individuals.
We therefore eventually can’t promise any certainty for the information given above.
Make sure to keep your plans flexible and with enough buffering time for complications.

jQuery("#wp-live-chat-2").hide(); jQuery("#wp-live-chat-header").hide(); jQuery("#live-chat-button").click(function(){ jQuery("#wp-live-chat-2").toggle(); jQuery("#wp-live-chat-header").toggle(); });